Gokshura is a widely used Ayurvedic medicine that is also called tribulus. It’s quite a versatile herb. Here is a gist about the many gokshura benefits, as well as how it’s generally taken and the possible side effects.
- It boosts physical strength.
- It gives the body nourishment.
- Gokshura balances all the three doshas.
- It reduces inflammation.
- It cleanses the bladder.
- Gokshura supports muscle building.
- It has a cooling effect on the body.
- It treats intestinal worms.
- This herb eases digestive problems.
- It increases sexual drive and stamina.
- It treats respiratory disorders.
- Gokshura can also control diabetes.
- It can help in menorrhagia.
- It helps lose weight.
- Being a diuretic, it promotes detoxification.
Generally, doctors advise taking this herb up to thrice a day. The manner in which patients take it depends on their individual condition.
Possible Side Effects
- Gokshura may cause dehydration due to excess urination.
- It may have allergic reactions.
- It may cause blood sugar levels to rise.
This article is solely for the purpose of information and is not medical advice – so, please consult your doctor before taking this medicine.