Hops, scientifically known as humulus lupulus, is quite a popular herb for issues like anxiety and insomnia. This article shares some useful info about the benefits, dosage and side effects of this herb.
Uses Of Hops
- It has a sedative effect on the nervous system.
- It treats sleeplessness.
- This herb can also treat depression.
- It boosts appetite, and thus combats anorexia.
- It stimulates urination.
- This medicine helps detoxify the body through urination.
- It can also boost thyroid function.
- Hops benefits those with digestive problems.
- For many years, it has been used to treat menstrual disorders.
- It also relieves pain.
The general dosage for adults is not more than 500 mg in capsule form. Depending on the condition being treated, the hops dosage may vary.
- Can interfere with sedative medicines.
- Makes one feel drowsy.
- Increases estrogen levels in the body.
- May cause allergic reactions.
Note: This article is solely for the purpose of sharing information. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So before using anything to treat yourself, always consult your doctor.