Inner peace is a state where the mind is at rest and the heart is content. There is harmony among the body, mind and soul. In Ayurvedic terms, peace arises from balance of the three doshas. Inner peace is a wonderful thing to experience. It can help us live a life of youllness and contentment. Let us look at some of the ways of finding peace.
How To Find Inner Peace?
1. Eating Satvik Food Keeps The Mind Calm.
Satvik food is high in Prana and therefore, it nourishes the body. It is cleansing and calming. Such a diet is light and easily digestible. It consist of whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, pure fruit juices, legumes, sprouts, seeds, nuts, milk, herbal teas, and honey. Here are all the details about the satvik diet.
2. Find Inner Peace Through Dinacharya.
You can say you are peaceful when your day to day activities run smoothly. Any disturbance can upset our peace – especially for Vata types. Dinacharya is the concept of daily routine in Ayurveda. Ayurveda advises us to follow some basic routine rules for a peaceful life:
- Wake up before sunrise.
- Evacuate your bowels within the first hour of waking up.
- Exercise and meditate in the morning. If possible, take a walk in nature.
- Have a nourishing breakfast within the first few hours of waking up.
- Eat lunch around noon.
- Have a light dinner around sunset.
- Dim the lights and start winding down after sunset.
- Go to bed around 10 pm.
3. Meditation Helps Finding Peace.
Peace already exists within us. It is just that you do not look for it within, but try to find it outside. Meditation is a sure-shot path to finding peace. When you meditate, you experience feelings of calmness, awareness, clarity, and positivity. When you cultivate these things within us, you are able to find inner peace. You are in a much better state to deal with the chaos all around, and even spread that peace to those you come in contact with!
4. Cultivating Compassion Brings Peace.
How to find inner peace? The sages of all times have recommended the practice of compassion. This is a great virtue that lifts you to higher level of existence. You make the person in pain feel loved, understood, and accepted. This opens up the doors to healing. And you know what? Somehow, you experience the healing too! Compassion also helps you overcome feelings of jealousy – which is a killer of peace – because when others are happy, you feel happy too.
5. Living Simple Brings Mental Peace.
More and more people are now living minimal. A simple life means owning and being content with the things you need, and saying no to excess materialism. Greed breeds discontent. But simplicity cultivates inner peace. Ayurveda encourages moderation in everything you do. Start with some basic steps:
- Don’t own more than you need.
- Dress humbly.
- Don’t eat more than you can digest.
- Declutter your home.
- Shop less, and spend the money on experiences like traveling.
- Don’t go overboard with partying – know when to wind down.
- Avoid excessive working; work to live comfortably, not extravagantly.
Do you have some more tips on how to find inner peace?
Note: Posts on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness about natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.