Makhana or fox nuts come from a herb called euryale ferox salisb that belongs to the water lily family. It is commonly used in Ayurveda as well as Traditional Chinese Medicine, since it has many healing properties. Check out its uses and side effects.
- It pacifies Vata as well as Pitta doshas.
- It boosts strength.
- This medicine fights free radicals in the body.
- It protects the heart from diseases.
- It also improves fertility.
- One can eat makhana for its aphrodisiac effects.
- It reduces fatigue.
- It can treat premature ejaculation.
- Diabetes control is also a makhana health benefit.
- It treats leukorrhea.
- It also heals diarrhea.
When taken in the proper dosage, there are generally no side effects. In excess amounts, it can cause indigestion.
Note: Posts on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness about natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.