Native to Europe, milk thistle is a plant with noteworthy medicinal properties. Wondering where the name comes from? This herb has leaves that contain a milky sap. What is milk thistle used for? Check out these milk thistle uses as well as possible side effects…
Milk Thistle Uses
- It can improve skin health.
- It reduces cholesterol.
- Milk thistle benefits include gallstone prevention.
- It can also promote weight loss.
- It helps treat asthma.
- Better liver health is also one of the popular milk thistle health benefits.
- It improves immunity.
- It can help manage blood sugar.
- This herb can strengthen bones.
- It may also protect the brain from degenerative conditions.
Milk Thistle Side Effects
- May cause indigestion.
- Can suppress appetite.
- May cause headache.
- Allergic reactions are possible.
- Changes blood sugar levels.
- Can aggravate estrogen-related conditions.
Note: Posts on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness about natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.