Derived from the fiery orange safflower herb, safflower oil is an important Ayurvedic ingredient with a host of medicinal properties. Check out its uses, dosage and side effects.
Safflower Oil Uses
- It balances Kapha and Vata doshas.
- It warms the body.
- This oil helps detoxify the body.
- It decongests the chest.
- It boosts immunity.
- This medicine also increases body strength.
- It can treat constipation and bloating.
- It treats respiratory disorders.
- This oil reduces blood sugar.
- It also helps reduce body weight.
- Since it reduces kapha, it helps control cholesterol levels.
The generally taken dosage by adults is up to 50 ml per day.
- Can worsen heavy menstrual flow
- Aggravation of gastric conditions
- Increased bleeding
Note: This article is solely for the purpose of sharing information. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So before using anything to treat yourself, always consult your doctor.