What is dyslexia? It’s basically a disorder that makes it difficult for a child or a person to communicate as well as understand like other people of their age. The inability to take instructions or learn new words is among the primary dyslexia symptoms. The condition is hard to face. But, dyslexia treatment is possible. Some people like to call it a gift because dyslexia allows them to see the world through images – not everyone can understand the power of visualization.
What Is Dyslexia?
Dyslexia is a learning disorder wherein a person finds it challenging to read as well as comprehend. Since he/she is unable to distinguish between words and letters, expressing things also becomes difficult. So, what is dyslexia in simple words? It’s a linguistic problem that has nothing to do with one’s intelligence. Recognizing the dyslexia symptoms isn’t an easy task. But once diagnosed, the dyslexia treatment must begin.
Types Of Dyslexia
There are 3 types of dyslexia:
- Primary dyslexia (mostly inherited)
- Secondary dyslexia (impaired brain development while in the womb)
- Trauma dyslexia (occurs due to brain injury or trauma)
What Causes Dyslexia?
- Genetic influence
- Mental weakness
- Brain injuries
- Premature birth
- Altered brain development during pregnancy
What Are The Dyslexia Symptoms?
Here are a few signs for you to understand what is dyslexia. The dyslexia symptoms are usually observed at a younger age. However, they can also follow in one’s adulthood.
- A child learns to talk pretty late.
- They may face problems in understanding.
- There’s difficulty in following instructions.
- There are issues with playing games or learning new rules.
- One cannot identify numbers and letters or pronounce words.
- Managing time is also tough.
1. Flaxseed Oil Nourishes The Brain.
Since it is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, flaxseed oil positively impacts a person’s brain. So, massage the head with some flaxseed oil to aid the process of speech and understanding.
2. Jyotishmati Is A Good Remedy For Dyslexia Treatment.
Jyotishmati is used for increasing the memory power. So, add a few drops of jyotishmati pure oil in a glass of warm milk and give it to the patient for about two weeks regularly. This will help improve their concentration levels.
3. Brahmi Helps Fight The Dyslexia Symptoms.
Since brahmi is known to facilitate a healthy mental functioning, it strengthens the process of neurotransmission in the brain. So, crush a few dry Brahmi leaves and consume 5g of this powder with milk every day.
4. Jatamansi Is An Effective Dyslexia Treatment.
Take about 3 teaspoons of jatamansi root powder in a cup of water. This will support the brain development, reduce stress levels and calm the anxious mind. Jatamansi acts as a brain tonic and it helps improve the patient’s memory.
5. Shankhpushpi Is An Ayurvedic Medicine For Dyslexia Treatment.
Consume 20g of the shankhpushpi powder with a teaspoon of honey. Do this every day and it’ll help reduce the level of anxiety, act as a nerve sedative, and help overcome the inability to speak fluently.
Note: Articles on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness on natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.