Yeast infection is a type of fungal infection that usually develops in the mouth, throat, blood, and in the genital areas. Also known as Candidiasis, it results from a type of yeast called candida. This yeast lives on our bodies in tiny amounts. Candida prefers moist as well as warm areas of the body. Here, we bring you some of the best home remedies for yeast infection. They will relieve you from the problem.
Types Of Yeast Infections:
Oral Candidiasis or Thrush
Oral candidiasis or thrush spreads in the mouth.
Vulvovaginal Yeast Infection
Vulvovaginal yeast infection results from candida growth in the genitals of women.
Candida induced infection in the buttocks of babies is called diaper rash.
Invasive Candidiasis or Candidemia
The invasive spread of candida infection in your bloodstream is known as invasive candidiasis or candidemia.
What Are The Yeast Infection Symptoms?
You can cure the yeast infection very easily if you detect it at an early stage. Hence, you should start with home remedies for yeast infection as soon as the following symptoms are visible:
- Burning sensation while urination
- Pain and soreness
- Severe rashes
What Are The Yeast Infection Causes?
Our body hosts candida in natural form but the acidic levels make sure that it stays in minimum levels. However, diabetes, birth control pills, menstruation, as well as pregnancy cause an increase in the amount of yeast. This further leads to other symptoms and infections.
Home Remedies For Yeast Infection
1. Non-sweetened yogurt helps get rid of harmful bacteria as well as fungal organisms in the body.
2. Extract some aloe vera gel and apply it to the candida affected areas for about half an hour, twice a day. Then, wash off with normal water. You will see the difference in a few days.
3. On the affected areas, place some cotton soaked in yogurt for about thirty minutes twice daily and you’ll notice an instant improvement.
4. Herbal oil extracted from Oregano is very useful in curing yeast infection caused by candida.
5. Both coconut oil as well as cinnamon oil have anti-fungal properties. Therefore, apply any of them on the affected area, two or three times a day.
6. Apple cider vinegar has many benefits. So, washing the area with lukewarm water and a few drops of ACV can help reduce the infection significantly.
7. Everday, thoroughly rinse your mouth with salted warm water and treat oral infections.
8. Cranberry is packed with anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. Hence, drinking some cranberry juice can indeed help heal the infection.
9. Garlic, a natural antibiotic, is enriched with anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Therefore, chewing garlic every day can chuck out the oral infections. Or, you can even apply some garlic paste to the affected area and fight the infection.
10. Apply some honey to the infected skin and then, wash off with lukewarm water after 30 minutes. This is among the best home remedies for yeast infection.
Note: Articles on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness on natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.