All around the globe, there are more than 150 varieties of jasmine and this mass cultivation is due to its immense benefits. There are several forms in which the exotic flowers are used. It has a rich fragrance and is a star when it comes to benefiting the human health. So, here are some of the best jasmine benefits that will keep you happy and full of vigor.
1. Jasmine For Weight Loss
Jasmine proves to be a good addition to your weight loss regime. It helps strengthen your metabolism and also process the nutrients better. However, it isn’t a stand-alone solution but best used as a complementary weight loss ingredient.
2. Jasmine Benefits For Skin
One of the most talked about benefits of jasmine is its antioxidant properties. It’s most often used in the form of tea. This delicious beverage makes use of green tea or black tea as the base and accordingly, it varies in the levels of antioxidants. This helps protect your skin cells and destroy the free radicals that can compromise your immune system.
3. Jasmine Is A Stress Reliever
The fragrance of jasmine refreshes your senses and prevents stress-related blockage. It helps release chemicals that naturally improve your mood and also relieve anxiety. It’s a high-intensity remedy.
4. Jasmine Benefits Those With Gastrointestinal Disorders
5. Jasmine Protects Your Heart Health
Catechins compounds present in jasmine help in the inhibition of oxidative damage and protect your arteries. It ensures that inflammation is kept at a distance. This way even your blood pressure and cholesterol levels are maintained. All in all, regular intake of jasmine keeps your heart healthy in the long term.
6. Other Jasmine Benefits
- Jasmine improves your immune system
- It makes you stay in a happier mood
- It can fight the symptoms of diabetes
- Jasmine also regulates a healthy blood circulation
- You can easily heal even muscular pain
- It keeps you energised for the entire day
- You can also drink jasmine tea to relieve menstrual cramps
A Few Things To Watch Out For…
- Do not drink jasmine tea on an empty stomach. It can cause stomach ache.
- Pregnant women shouldn’t take jasmine.
- People having migraine must avoid jasmine as the fragrance can worsen the condition.
Note: Articles on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness on natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.