Vitiation of the Pitta and Kapha doshas results in measles. It is caused by an airborne virus that’s highly contagious and can be transmitted through tiny droplets in cough, sneezes or simply breathing. The virus is curable, but it can lead to severe complications. You won’t notice any symptoms in the initial week, but the virus multiplies soon after, showing irregular white and red blotches. Want to know more? Keep reading about what is measles, what causes it, the signs and symptoms of measles along with how to treat measles.
What Is Measles And What Causes Measles?
Measles results from an infection that develops in your respiratory system, obstructs your immunity and also harms the skin cells. From the point of infection, it shows up in about a week or two. The symptoms occur much after the infection has been contracted. And the commonly affected areas are legs, hands, back, chest, and cheeks. In critical circumstances, rashes can also occur inside the mouth and the throat.
What Are The Signs And Symptoms Of Measles?
- Loss of appetite
- Red pin-like rashes
- Bleeding from the nose
- Dry cough
- Pulse becomes rapid
- Inflamed eyes
- Swollen face
- Running nose
How To Treat Measles?
1. Drink chamomile herbal tea for a soothing effect on your body. It helps relieve physical tensions.
2. Apply wild bergamot on your skin to quickly heal the effects of measles.
3. Neem is also beneficial during measles. Its antiviral properties help reduce the infection and prevent it from spreading to other members around.
4. Vitamin C enriched lemon helps heal your skin texture.
5. To ease the rashes, you can directly apply some mint leaves ground into a fine paste.
6. You can also consume ginger paste or make use of it in your food. It’s an anti-inflammatory spice that will help prevent the onset of fever during measles.
7. Measles can lead to dehydration, which is why keeping your body hydrated must be the primary focus. Include in your diet a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables that have high water content.
8. Parsley is especially helpful in measles, as it aids the healing process. It makes the rashes disappear pretty fast and also combats the blisters.
9. Licorice and honey also work for the betterment of your skin. Both the ingredients heal your rashes and tone the skin, acting as one of the best home remedies for measles.
10. Even if you just suspect the disease to be measles, wear warmer clothes and keep your skin protected. Also, consume warming liquids along with a normal diet.
We hope that you are now well informed about what is measles and all the other important information about it!
Note: Articles on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness on natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.