A sore and painful wrist essentially hampers the movement of your hand. It can be due to several reasons – bone health deterioration, critical illnesses or pressure exerted on the wrist muscles. But, wrist pain treatment comes to your rescue. Ideally, the pain and swelling should subside in a day or two. But if you continue to experience wrist pain symptoms, perform these effective wrist pain exercises and the wrist pain causes will be taken care of.
Wrist Pain Causes
- Excessive computer usage
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Wrist Pain Symptoms
- Sudden and pinching pain
- Swollen fingers
- Warm sensations in the joints
- Redness around the area
- Difficulty in gripping
Wrist Pain Treatment
1. Cold Compression
Ice packs are an effective wrist pain remedy. Hot compression has its own benefit, but cold compression is no less. It provides instant relief to the sore and aching muscles. Wrap some ice in a thin layered piece of cloth and tie it up. Place it on the affected area and this will reduce the swelling. Continue the process for about 20 minutes each day as it’s one of the best wrist pain treatment!
2. Heat Therapy
Mix some rock salt in a bucket full of warm water. Dip your hands for 10-15 minutes. This will reduce the pain and swelling. You can also tie the wrist with a soft warming cloth so it gives the joints proper support. But, make sure that the temperature is bearable, and not too high for your skin to start itching.
3. Wrist Pain Exercises
- Do some stretches to keep the pain away.
- Press your palms against each other in a praying position.
- Extend your arms to the opposite direction and stretch them for about 10-30 seconds.
- Clench your fists tightly for about 10 seconds and open them with ease.
- Build more strength while pressing your palms against your office desk, towards the ground.
- You can also squeeze a tennis ball and without any pain de-stress your wrist, fingers, and arms.
- Make the thumbs up symbol and stretch your thumbs. Rotate them in circular motions, pull them back and create that resistance to feel the muscles relax.
All of the above-mentioned wrist pain exercises are relieving. You will not feel any discomfort, these will enhance your blood circulation and it’ll also keep your muscles moving.
4. Need A Wrist Pain Treatment? Try Changing Your Lifestyle!
- If the symptoms do not decrease, change your workstation.
- Keep away from straining activities like excessive computer work or sewing.
- Wear specially designed wrist guards that support the affected area.
- Maintain your vitamin D levels for better bone health.
5. Add These Foods To Your Diet For A Complete Cure:
There are many anti-inflammatory foods that help you get rid of the pain and discomfort. Ginger helps relieve the swelling. A ginger honey tea is even more beneficial. Cherries help ease the mobility issues and make your joints much stronger. And, a regular olive oil massage keeps the joints lubricated. These foods prove effective for as wrist pain treatment.
Note: Articles on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness on natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.