Chyawanprash is an Ayurvedic jam-like concoction that has been made for thousands of years. Why is it so popular? Check out these Chyawanprash benefits and you’ll know!
So, What does this Jam Contain?
A lot! Ancient Ayurvedic experts thoughtfully prepared its recipe which contains a host of ingredients. Some of them are:
- Ashwagandha (winter cherry)
- Cinnamon bark
- Giloy (guduchi) (tinospora cordifolia)
- Indian kudzu
- Irish root
- Long pepper (piper longum)
- Sesame oil
- Tiger’s claw or ice plant (erythrina variegata)
- Wild black gram
- Wild green gram
15 Impressive Chyawanprash Benefits
1. Your Body gets Rejuvenated
Chyawanprash classifies as a ‘rasayana’ or rejuvenative in Ayurveda. This is because it has high amounts of antioxidants that invigorate the body. Ingredients like Ashwagandha have deeply refreshing effects. Chyawanprash stimulates the liver, helps the body flush out toxins and purifies the blood. It also nourishes the body’s tissues, balances the three doshas, and boosts energy levels.
2. Your Immune System Grows Stronger
Immunity boosting is popular among the various Chyawanprash benefits. Amla or Indian gooseberry is its prime ingredient. And as you may know, amla is packed with vitamin C which is wonderful for improving the body’s immune system. It strengthens the body, thus increasing its ability to fight against illnesses. This is one of the reasons why doctors often recommend Chyawanprash for kids too.
3. Your Digestion Improves
Chyawanprash is great for digestion too. This herbal formulation has the unique quality of igniting the body’s ‘agni’ or digestive fire without aggravating the Pitta dosha. It helps the body absorb nutrients as well as regularises the process of elimination. Moreover, Chyawanprash has five out of the six tastes – sweet, bitter, astringent, sour and spicy. This combination of tastes itself stimulates your body’s digestion. And it can also relieve digestive issues like constipation, flatulence, as well as diarrhoea.
4. Your Sex Life Gets Better
Chyawanprash’s rejuvenating and nerve-calming qualities do wonders for sexual stamina. It also nourishes the tissues of the reproductive system. This herbal concoction is great for improving fertility as well as boosting libido.
11 More Chyawanprash Benefits…
That’s not all! Chyawanprash also:
- Provides heat, which is helpful during the winter
- Balances blood pressure
- Balances blood glucose and cholesterol levels
- Improves urinary health
- Helps increase muscle mass, which is great for weight gain
- Stimulates ‘ojas’ for youthfulness as well as nourishment
- Supports the heart
- Increases strength and energy levels
- Delays the ageing process
- Protects the skin from free radical damage, which lets you look younger
- Nourishes the mucous membranes as well as cleanses the respiratory system
- It calms the nerves, improves concentration as well as reduces the effects of stress
- Chyawanprash is usually fed to children above the age of 3.
- Feed children above age 3 1 teaspoon a day.
- Adults can have 1 teaspoon twice a day – once in the morning and once at night.
- It can be had as it is, with warm milk or with water.
Points to Note
- While Chyawanprash is considered safe for everyone above age 3, we highly recommend consulting your doctor before getting started. If you are currently taking any medication, this is an absolute must.
- If you suffer from Pitta aggravation, consult an Ayurvedic doctor about your safe dosage.
- Do not take it if you have indigestion, diarrhoea or hypoglycaemia.
We hope that you found this article helpful! If you have any questions, feel free to write to us in the comments section.