Dashamoola translates to ‘ten roots’. So as the name suggests, it’s a traditional Ayurvedic combination of ten roots that have healing effects on the body as well as the mind. These ten roots are:
- Bilva (Aegle marmelos)
- Agnimantha (Premna mucronata)
- Shyonaka (Oroxylum indicum)
- Patala (Stereospermum suaveolens)
- Gambhari (Gmelina arborea)
- Brihati (Solanum indicum)
- Kantakari (Solanum xanthocarpum)
- Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris)
- Shalaparni (Desmodium gangeticum)
- Prishnaparni (Uraria picta)
Uses Of Dashamoola
- It treats Vata aggravation.
- Dashamoola benefits those with excess inflammation in the body.
- It treats lower back pain.
- It can also treat sciatica.
- This medicine busts stress levels.
- It can treat joint as well as muscle pain.
- The benefits of dashamoola also include healing digestive ailments like constipation.
- It beats fatigue as well as boosts energy levels.
- It can also promote detoxification of the kidneys.
The sage dosage is under 120 ml a day, generally taken with warm water.
Note: This article is solely for the purpose of sharing information. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So before using anything to treat yourself, always consult your doctor.