Potato and pea curry is one of the best dishes to pacify Kapha dosha. White potatoes are generally not considered the healthiest veggie, but they have a lot to offer – especially for those with Kapha dosha. Did you know that they provide potassium, vitamin C, magnesium, and fibre among other nutrients? And the humble green pea is a nutritional powerhouse while being super-low on fat. This benefits Kapha types, who often struggle with weight gain. Potato and pea curry is easy to cook and great to taste.
How To Make Potato And Pea Curry
What You’ll Need:
- 5 cups chopped potato
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 teaspons cumin
- 1 tbsp crushed ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- A tsp oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp fresh green chili
- A pinch of salt to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves
What To Do:
- Heat the oil and add the ginger and cumin. Sauté for a minute on low heat.
- Add the potatoes and sauté for a few minutes. Remember to keep stirring.
- Then, add the water, turmeric, peas, salt, and chili.
- Put a lid on it and let it simmer for about 20 minutes. Add water to adjust thickness as per your preference.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
- It’s best enjoyed with rice or ‘chapati’ (Indian bread).
Note: Posts on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness about natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.