Reactive arthritis is an autoimmune disorder falling under the category of spondyloarthritis. It causes inflammation in the bones as well as joints. Also known as reiter’s disease, reactive arthritis leads to stiffness and deformities of the spine. In such a condition, reactive arthritis treatment becomes essential.
There are home remedies that cure the reiter’s syndrome symptoms. However, consultation with a doctor is recommended for full recovery.
What Are The Reactive Arthritis Causes?
- Bacterial infections like UTI
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Food poisoning
- Drinking contaminated water
What Are The Reactive Arthritis Symptoms?
- Joint pain
- Heel pain
- Thickening of the fingers
- Inflammation and pain in the bones as well as spine
- Burning sensation in the lower back
- Swollen toes and fingers
- Skin conditions like ulcerative vulvitis, circinate balanitis, oral lesions
- Redness near the iris
- Blurry vision
- Pain as well as irritation in the eyes
- Changes in fingernails and toenails
- Pus-filled sores on palms and soles
- Increased urination
- Discharge from penis
- Inflammation in the vagina, vulva, cervix or fallopian tubes
Reactive Arthritis Treatment
1. Soak Feet In Epsom Salt Water.
Epsom salt relaxes the muscles. So, add a cup of this healing salt to a tub of water. Soak yourself in the water for about 20 minutes. Do this thrice every week. It’s a sure-shot reactive arthritis treatment.
2. Try Aloe Vera & Grapeseed Oil.
Allergies lead to rashes on the skin. Aloe vera as well as grapeseed oil moisturize and reduce the inflammation. So, take a tablespoon of aloe vera gel and mix a few drops of the oil in it. Blend well and apply on the rashes to treat reiter’s disease.
3. Use Turmeric For Reiter’s Disease.
Since turmeric contains curcumin which has anti-inflammatory properties, it reduces the reactive arthritis pain. Therefore, add a pinch of turmeric to a cup of water and drink it. Do it every morning. Avoid it, however, with blood thinning medicines.
4. Massage With Sesame Oil.
Sesame is beneficial for the bones as well as muscles. So, take a teaspoon of sesame oil and mix it in a teaspoon of coconut oil. Massage the affected areas for 10 minutes as an effective reactive arthritis treatment.
5. Uva Ursi Treats Infections.
Uva ursi is antimicrobial in nature which helps treat the reiter’s syndrome symptoms. Therefore, boil a teaspoon of uva ursi in a cup of water. Steep the tea for 5 minutes. Strain and drink warm.
6. Gingko Biloba Is Best For The Eyes.
Gingko Biloba is an Ayurvedic herb that increases blood flow towards the eyes – thus preventing the reactive arthritis symptoms. Therefore, take 500mg of gingko powder with water every day to ease the discomforts.
7. Licorice Root Tea Soothes The Pain.
Licorice root has anti-inflammatory as well as analgesic properties. It helps in overcoming the reactive arthritis pain. Therefore, boil a teaspoon of licorice root powder in a cup of water for 10 minutes. Strain the tea and drink twice daily.
Note: Articles on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness on natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.