Sleep apnea is a condition that leads to shallow breathing during one’s sleep. According to Ayurveda, the condition of sleep apnea is a result of aggravated Vata and Kapha. Imbalanced Vata compromises the circulatory system, while Kapha congestion causes stress and anxiety. Each pause can range from seconds to several minutes. However, it can be cured with natural remedies. So, here we bring to you information about effective sleep apnea treatment.
Sleep Apnea Symptoms
- Disturbing diet and sleep patterns
- Cardiovascular problems
- Lack of concentration
- Raise blood sugar levels
- The risk of developing diabetes
- Severe headache
- Feeling sleepy during the day
- Erectile dysfunction
- Vision issues
- Excessive snoring
- Dry mouth
Sleep Apnea Treatment
1. Passion Flower
This is a commonly used plant to cure the symptoms and effects of many sleep disorders. When in herb form, it becomes mildly hypnotic to work as a sedative and promote better sleep, along with calming your nervous system. Patients who do not suffer from depression are advised to use the herb for sleep apnea treatment under medical supervision.
2. Ayurvedic Massage
This is a great way to combat the discomforts arising from this condition. Sleep apnea treatment in the form of massage is quite easy A full body massage called abhyanga massage, a head massage or a foot massage can help decrease the stress levels and improve blood circulation. Boost your immunity and promote better sleeping patterns. These three are amongst the most natural home remedies for sleep apnea.
Make use of effective Ayurvedic essential oils like jatamamsi, Brahmi and sesame oil. Even a nutmeg and desi ghee (clarified butter) paste can be applied to the areas around your eyes and on the forehead.
3. Chamomile Tea
Drink some chamomile tea at least 30-40 minutes before going to bed. Chamomile contains relaxing as well as healing properties to calm your nerves and ease your system. The herb or flower acts like a pain reliever to induce aromatic properties and help you gently glide into a good night routine. It also prevents digestive disorders and depression.
4. Panchkarma Treatment
This detoxifying practice is the best way on how to cure sleep apnea. The therapy enhances your concentration levels, boosts the overall energy, promotes the feelings of positivity and strengthens your immunity. Panchakarma treatment must be undergone for a fixed time period to observe curative results. And the therapy also involves healing yoga, an Ayurvedic diet, and daily meditation.
- Start by practicing yoga daily or work out at least on alternate days to reduce the sleep apnea symptoms. It’s essential to keep your body moving.
- Focus on losing some weight if your body requires so. Or at least, maintain an ideal weight as sleep apnea tends to get stronger with the increasing weight.
- Start sleeping on your sides. When you lay flat, it obstructs your breathing and you don’t get the chance to sleep undisturbed.
- Avoid the consumption of alcohol, cigarette, excessive tea or coffee and too much of processed food.
- Do not exercise or eat right before sleeping.
Note: This article is solely for the purpose of sharing information. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So before using anything to treat yourself, always consult your doctor.