Arjuna tree (botanical name Terminalia Arjuna) grows in the central as well as southern parts of India. And, it is since ages that Arjun ki chaal (Arjuna bark) has been used for maintaining oral hygiene. The Arjuna tree bark has several other health benefits, which is why Ayurveda considers it as a medicinal herb.
Terminalia Arjuna Uses
- For Acne: Mix one teaspoon of Terminalia Arjuna bark powder with one teaspoon of honey. Apply it over the affected areas for 10-15 minutes and rinse with normal water.
- For Heart Health: Add a teaspoon of Arjuna bark powder in one cup of milk. Boil it for 5 minutes and drink every day.
- For Body Odor: Take some Arjuna tree flowers, Jambu leaves as well as Lodhra bark in equal quantities. Prepare a powder and use it on your body.
Arjuna Tree Benefits
1. Arjun Ki Chaal Is A Heart Tonic.
Arjun ki chaal or the bark of Arjuna tree helps increase blood flow, lowers the cholesterol levels, and aids faster healing. Conclusively, it is a miraculous herb for heart health.
2. Arjuna Tree Bark Is Beneficial For Asthma Patients.
Terminalia Arjuna removes phlegm from the respiratory tract and facilitates better breathing. Therefore, it is useful in curing cough, sore throat, bronchitis as well as asthma.
3. Terminalia Arjuna Clears Your Skin.
Who doesn’t dream of a clean and lustrous skin? But, our on-the-go lifestyle and poor dietary habits do the opposite. Terminalia Arjuna helps repair the everyday damage since it’s rich in essential antioxidants to also rejuvenate the skin. Therefore, you can simply apply a smooth paste of the powdered arjuna bark to get rid of any skin issues.
4. It Helps Fight Body Odour.
Every herb used in Ayurveda consists of a specific fragrance and so does Arjuna. Therefore, foul body odor vanishes with the application of Arjuna tree flowers. Just make sure you are consistent with the usage.
5. Arjun Ki Chaal Maintains Dental Health.
Since ages, Indians have been using tree barks to clean their teeth. Arjuna tree bark is antibacterial in nature. So, you can use it as a natural toothbrush…but do not harm the gums in the process with harsh rubbing.
6. Arjuna Bark Cures Several Infections.
Arjun ki chaal has antiviral properties, and is therefore used for healing STIs, gonorrhea as well as Urinary Tract Infections (UTI). So, you can drink a decoction or a soothing tea prepared with Arjuna bark for effective and quick results.
7. Terminalia Arjuna Ensures Protection From Cancer.
Arjuna tree contains an anti-cancerous substance called casuarina, which is known to prevent cancers like breast cancer. A regular consumption of the Arjuna bark decoction, therefore, offer positive results.
Note: Articles on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness on natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.