Good health starts with a strong gut. Even in Ayurveda, strengthening of the digestive system is given utmost attention and importance. In case of imbalance, it disrupts the entire system. Therefore, appropriate nourishment is absolutely important, especially when it comes to your breakfast needs. These Ayurvedic breakfast recipes will surely help you!
Ayurvedic Cooking Principles
- Ayurvedic meals must be light on your stomach and also easy to process.
- Preparation must be with love and compassion.
- Make use of essential herbs and spices to balance your doshas.
- Your particular constitution (Vata, Pitta and Kapha body type) must be taken care of.
- Cleanse your system with lemon, ginger or honey tea for a detox right before breakfast.
- It isn’t necessary to make your breakfast larger in portion, but it’s vital to ensure that you have enough nutrients.
Ayurvedic Breakfast Recipes
1. Fresh Juices
Drink fresh fruit or vegetable juices during your breakfast time so it keeps you hydrated all day long. It also maintains your overall well-being.
2. Whole Grains
Start your day with whole grains to get the balance right. Include oats, buckwheat, brown rice, barley, corn or quinoa to reap absolute and instant benefits.
3. Six Tastes
Ideal Ayurvedic breakfast recipes must cater to all the major six tastes – sweet, salty, astringent, pungent, sour, and bitter.
4. Ayurvedic Breakfast Recipes for Vata Individuals
People having a predominant Vata dosha must have a power packed meal with sauteed veggies, ghee (clarified butter) and creamy oatmeal. To make it a better choice, you can also add some raisins, almonds, and figs.
5. Ayurvedic Breakfast Recipes for Pitta Individuals
A healthy and nutritious fruit salad can be taken with a bowl full of oatmeal, some ghee (clarified butter), raisins, shredded coconut, and milk. This is a perfect Pitta pacifying ayurvedic recipe.
6. Ayurvedic Breakfast Recipes for Kapha Individuals
To calm your Kapha dosha, stewed apples, millet porridge, and barley cereal are amongst the best choices. You can also add a glass of freshly squeezed fruit juice or some green tea. Even black tea can be an ideal and healthy Ayurvedic recipe.
7. Bread Toast
In a bowl, add a tbsp of clarified butter, raw honey, ginger root powder along with some cinnamon and turmeric powder. Mix the ingredients well and apply it to a slice of sprouted wheat bread like a nourishing spread.
8. Amond and Banana Drink
In two cups of water, blend a cup of soaked almonds and strain the mix (almond milk). Blend the milk with a cup of soaked dates water, 4 dates and 4 small sized bananas. Such Ayurvedic breakfast recipes are satiating and also nourishing.
Note: This article is solely for the purpose of sharing information. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult your doctor.