Crohn’s disease is a chronic condition that develops inflammation in your digestive tract. Abdominal pain, severe diarrhea as well as fatigue are some of the initial Crohn’s disease symptoms. The causes, however, are unknown but a few triggers surely exist. So, what can help relieve the condition? Crohn’s disease diet is a healthy and herbal way to reduce the symptoms along with a few home remedies.
What Is Crohn’s Disease?
Crohn’s disease is a condition where the digestive tract along with the intestines suffers from prolonged inflammation. You cannot absolutely cure the ailment but the symptoms and effects can definitely be tamed. A strict Crohn’s disease diet is also helpful.
What Are Crohn’s Disease Symptoms?
- Abdominal pain
- Mouth sores
- Reduced appetite
- Bloody stools
- Pain around the anus
- Skin or joint inflammation
- Delayed growth or sexual development in children
What Causes Crohn’s Disease?
Crohn’s disease is caused by vata dosha and prana vayu vitiation, according to Ayurveda. The following factors may play a role in the progression of this disease:
- Immune system disorder
- Unhealthy lifestyle
Here’s A Basic Crohn’s Disease Diet:
- Follow a diet that suits your condition and not just anything you read over the internet.
- Follow a low fiber and high-calorie diet.
- Eat cooked greens but avoid sprouts, cauliflower or broccoli.
- Figs, bananas, and peaches are beneficial.
- Limit your dairy consumption along with whole grains, caffeine, coconut, and dried fruits.
- Just manage your triggers to avoid any further inflammation.
Effective Home Remedies
1. Aloe Vera Soothes Crohn’s Disease Symptoms.
Drink one cup of aloe vera juice twice every day for better results. Aloe vera has anti-inflammatory properties and helps cure gastrointestinal disorders. It is extremely beneficial in reducing the severity of irritable bowel syndrome.
2. Green Tea Alleviates The Symptoms.
In a cup of boiling water, add a tsp of honey as well as green tea leaves. Let it steep for about 5 minutes. Strain the tea and drink it thrice daily. Since green tea is anti-inflammatory antioxidant as well as anti-carcinogenic in nature, it proves very effective.
3. Turmeric Helps Enhance Your Digestion.
Add one teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of warm milk. Mix well and consume daily. Since turmeric contains curcumin, it helps aid digestion as well as relieve the associated inflammation.
4. Include Peppermint In Your Crohn’s Disease Diet.
Add one teaspoon of dried peppermint leaves to a cup of boiling water. Let this steep for about 10 minutes. Then, strain and drink. Do this twice daily for four weeks.
5. Essential Oils Are Beneficial.
Note: Articles on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness on natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.