Having a cooling effect, coconuts help balance the excess Vatta as well as Pitta. However, on the other side, they can aggravate the Kapha Dosha. Coconut milk uses help invigorate the body and promote much-needed mental satisfaction. Therefore, if you wish to try and make your own coconut milk recipe, here’s a wonderful one!
This process on how to make coconut milk is easy as well as quick. Since coconut milk has a creamy texture, is mildly sweet and high in fat, you can use it as a substitute for all your dairy-based dishes. Stir some for your tea, prepare yogurt or use it for desserts – the coconut milk uses are immense.
Here is how to make coconut milk recipe in just 10 minutes!
Coconut Milk Recipe
What You’ll Need:
- 1 fresh coconut
- 1 cup water
- Dates (optional)
What To Do:
- Grate the coconut.
- Add a cup of warm water (during winters) and blend the coconut into a smooth paste, for a minute or two.
- You can optionally mix some dates for more natural sweetness.
- If you wish, sieve the contents, or else keep them grainy. The coconut milk recipe is complete!
- Refrigerate the milk in a jar for 3-4 days.
Amazing Coconut Milk Uses
So, now that you know how to make coconut milk at home, here are a few ways in which you can enjoy different varieties.
1. Boil coconut milk with condensed milk, some salt and butter and relish it as a perfect dumpling dip.
2. For an invigorating breakfast recipe, throw in these and prepare a shake – coconut milk, lime, ginger, pineapple, and mango.
3. Cook rice with coconut milk rather than water for that added benefit.
4. Any coconut milk recipe is incomplete if you do not try and prepare Indian or Thai style sumptuous curries with it. Go for it!
5. How to make coconut milk concoction to please your taste buds and also benefit your well being? Blend all of these (or any) together and enjoy – coconut milk, coconut oil, maca, ginger, turmeric, matcha, cinnamon powder, chia seeds, cacao powder, and a natural sweetener.
Note: Posts on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness about natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.