Gastroparesis is the weakening of the Vagus nerve which is responsible for controlling the stomach muscles. A loss of muscle motility affects your digestive processes, which leads to gastroparesis symptoms like bloating, vomiting as well as excessive pain. The food in the stomach does not break down easily, resulting in indigestion. There could be gastroparesis causes other than damaged nerves. Ayurveda, however, has an effective gastroparesis treatment in the form of home remedies that can relieve the symptoms naturally. Doctors suggest following a simple gastroparesis diet for faster recovery.
What Are The Gastroparesis Causes?
- Vagus nerve or muscle damage
- Surgery of Esophagus
- Inflammation in or around the stomach
What Are The Gastroparesis Symptoms?
- Abdominal distension
- Weight loss
- Fullness in stomach
- Abdominal pain
- Nausea and vomiting
1. Get Rid Of Vomiting With Ginger.
Nausea as well as vomiting are common gastroparesis symptoms. However, ginger is known to relieve these symptoms along with easing your digestion. So, boil one teaspoon of ginger powder in a cup of water for about 5 minutes. Strain and drink the tea twice every day for quick results.
2. Giloy Reduces Nausea.
Since giloy is an anti-inflammatory herb, it helps soothe the digestive tract and also strengthens them for motility. Therefore, Ayurveda suggests taking one teaspoon of Giloy powder twice daily as an effective gastroparesis treatment.
3. Ashwagandha Is Beneficial.
Ayurveda recommends Ashwagandha for gastroparesis treatment since it helps repair the damaged nerves as well as tissues inside the stomach. So, take about 500mg of ashwagandha powder with one tablespoon of clarified butter and observe quick results.
4. Haritaki Enhances The Digestive Functioning.
Haritaki is a beneficial herb that strengthens your stomach muscles along with easing the gastroparesis symptoms. Therefore, add the Haritaki fruit in a bottle of water and leave it overnight to infuse. Drink this water the next day and continue till the gastroparesis symptoms subside.
5. Vidang Cures Stomach Problems.
Vidang removes toxins as well as flatulence from the stomach. Since Vidang is anti-inflammatory in nature, it helps in healing the gastroparesis symptoms. Therefore, take 2 grams of the Vidang powder with one tablespoon of honey and take it on an empty stomach.
Here’s a basic gastroparesis diet to observe better results:
- Have small as well as frequent meals that are easily digestible.
- During the early stage of recovery, drink soups and fresh vegetable juices as much as possible.
- Gradually, add solids like noodles, cereals as well as crackers that are easy to chew.
- Low-fat yogurt also works well for your stomach.
- After satisfactory recovery, continue by consuming soft and multivitamin foods like peanut butter, bananas, and fruit purees.
- Add as many nutritious values as you can in your gastroparesis diet.
Note: Articles on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness on natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.