More and more women today are realising that make up isn’t the answer to beauty woes. They want to look naturally beautiful, and that’s great because Ayurveda’s beauty tips serve exactly that purpose. Ayurveda as we know has a holistic approach to everything. Ayurvedic beauty tips help fix imbalances on the skin as well as within the body. As a result, you radiate with health.
Ayurvedic Beauty Tips
1. Vata, Pitta Or Kapha Skin?
Know your dosha and identify your skin type. Only then can you follow a customised skin care regime accordingly.
- If your skin is dry, thin, delicate, and cool when touched, you have Vata skin. You need to keep your skin hydrated as well as warm.
- Pitta skin is of medium thickness, soft, and warm to touch. If that sounds familiar, you need to keep your sensitive skin away from the harsh sunlight and nurture it with cooling herbs.
- Is your skin oily, pale, thick, and soft to touch? You have Kapha skin. Regularly exfoliate and avoid oily products.
2. Use Ayurvedic Pastes (Ubtans)
In Vedic times, ubtans or Ayurvedic pastes were used for cleansing and beautification. They are prepared by mixing crushed natural ingredients to form a paste which can then be massaged onto the body and rinsed off with water after about 10 minutes.
Each dosha type can use specific ingredients to balance their skin:
- Vata: Almonds, sesame oil, milk cream, honey, turmeric, yogurt
- Pitta: Rose water, cucumber, sandalwood, aloe vera, turmeric
- Kapha: Dried orange peel, turmeric, mung dal, fenugreek seeds, neem
3. Massage Your Body.
A full body massage (abhyanga) is Ayurveda’s trusted natural beauty tips. Massaging does a lot of good for overall well-being. It calms the mind, reduces toxins, nourishes the body, improves metabolism, and makes the skin glow. It can also help prevent signs of premature ageing such as wrinkles and saggy skin. Abhyanga leaves you completely rejuvenated. This shows on the face. Also, a warm head massage with Ayurvedic herbal hair oils is one of the best beauty tips for good hair.
4. Cleanse Regularly.
Cleansing is one of the important Ayurvedic beauty tips that can make a huge difference to your skin. It prevents damage from everyday wear and tear and an unhealthy lifestyle. It helps you stop issues like acne, dead cells, and dullness from developing. The perfect cleansing process involves exfoliating and taking steam to loosen pores, a gentle face massage, and then a face mask for your dosha.
5. Pay Attention To Your Diet.
The skin is the largest and most important organ of the body. What you feed your body will reflect on your skin.
- Eat lots of seasonal veggies and fruits.
- Sweet, juicy and Vitamin C rich fruits like like oranges and lemon keep your skin supple.
- Whole grains like amaranth and quinoa nourish the skin.
- Dark leafy greens nourish the blood and skin tissue.
- Munching on seeds and nuts is one the best natural beauty tips you can easily follow. They have Omega 3s, fiber, and minerals.
- In general, avoid processed and junk food. Stick to a satvik diet.
6. Get Your Beauty Sleep.
Lack of sleep steals beauty – it causes stress, premature ageing, acne, weight imbalances, dark circles…the list goes on. Beauty sleep on the other hand is real. Go to bed by 10 pm as this supports peaceful sleep and enables your body to carry out its healing processes. Sleep is one of the natural beauty tips that will give you a face that is fresh and tresses that glisten.
Note: Posts on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness about natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.