Motherhood is a rejuvenating experience. The entire phase, right from the conception till the time of delivery, is crucial and also special. The care you receive, a rich diet that needs to be followed, that radiating aura, a life that’s evolving inside of you along with several emotional as well as physical changes pretty much summarizes it all. Therefore, the health of the mother and the unborn child is essential. A pregnant woman gets intuitive and has a luminous aura. Thus, self-care is essential alongside exercise during pregnancy.
Exercise During Pregnancy – An Ayurvedic View
For all moms-to-be, create a fitness routine. Pregnancy exercises especially yoga helps calm your doshas. Since Vata is predominant at this time, antenatal exercises lead to a fit pregnancy. A balanced Vata brings about equilibrium amongst the energies of space and air. Practices like meditation as well as yoga soothe your nervous system, enhance immunity, ease digestion, build vitality and nourish the senses.
Exercising and pregnancy go hand in hand. It prevents the consequences of hormonal changes, relieves stress, uplifts the mood, builds up muscle and bone strength, betters the posture, improves flexibility, maintains an ideal weight and prepares you for a normal delivery. Also, these benefits extend to the baby inside the womb along with his/ her life in the early months.
Basic Pregnancy Exercises
The fear that you may hurt the baby must not linger. Follow the recommended guidelines and workout for at least 30 minutes daily, five days a week.
1. The Butterfly Pose helps strengthen the pelvic muscles and is a great hip opener.
3. The Garland Pose encourages you to perform deep squats that prepare your body for a normal delivery. It also helps stimulate bowel movements.
4. The Hero Pose helps you get rid of edema, improve the posture along with stretching the spinal as well as leg muscles.
5. The Cow Pose stretches the upper body and enhances blood circulation to combat the signs of fatigue.
6. If you want to safely exercise during pregnancy, practice the Warrior I pose. It increases your stamina, supports better breathing and also maintains the body’s balance for a fit pregnancy.
7. Antenatal exercises like the Goddess Pose ease respiratory problems during pregnancy.
8. Mountain Pose relaxes your back muscles. Therefore, it’s a great exercise during pregnancy.
9. For a fit pregnancy, antenatal exercises like the Triangle Pose, support your digestive system along with any related disorders.
10. To end with, try Corpse Pose. It perfectly brings an end to the session and relaxes you overall.
Note: Articles on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness on natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.