Detox bath, it’s a therapeutic as well as a holistic remedy for a body cleanse. It enhances the mental functioning, provides physical energy, relaxes the tensed muscles, brings a glow on your skin and makes you feel lighter. Effective detox bath recipes like apple cider vinegar bath detox provide you a sattvic as well as a serene environment. It reduces the negative effects of everyday stress, pollution, poor food choices, and an unhealthy lifestyle. So, gift yourself the experience of this ultimate luxury. Pamper your senses, lower exhaustion, raise internal Agni to push impurities and feel more mindful as well as rejuvenated.
How To Do A Detox Bath?
- Start with Abhyanga self-massage.
- In a warm or hot water tub, dissolve the ingredients.
- Once done, sit in the bath for about 40 minutes.
- Use pure essential oils only after diluting and also not too much – just a few drops are enough.
- Relax while soaking in the detox bath.
- Listen to some soothing music.
- Scrub off the dead skin after some time.
- Once done, leave the bath. During those 30-minutes, sufficient amount of minerals get into your body and the toxins get outside. You wouldn’t want to reabsorb the waste.
- Take a quick shower and rinse off the residue.
Ayurvedic Detox Bath Recipes
Try any of these Ayurvedic detox bath recipes to pull out the toxins and gently cleanse the body.
1. Ginger Detox Bath
- Fresh ginger powder
- Lemon juice
- Epsom salt
Benefits: The ingredients will leave your skin feeling super soft. They also rid bacterial infections. The heat of ginger clears the body of any waste and leaves an antibiotic effect. Before this cleansing bath, drink ginger tea for an added benefit.
2. Herbal Bath
Benefits: Use dry herbs, flowers along with the oils to attain nourishing benefits. These will fight off the inflammation and also relieve sore muscles.
3. Vanilla Detox Bath
- Eucalyptus oil
- Vanilla bath salt
- Baking Soda
- Epsom salt
Benefits: It’s a non-toxic detox bath remedy to moisturize your skin. It relieves itchiness as well as dryness. It also uplifts your mood and alleviates anxiety or depression.
4. Relaxing & Detoxing Bath
- Dead sea salt
- Epsom salt
- Bentonite clay
- Frankincense and lavender essential oils
Benefits: This is a mineral rich as well as a calming bath. It reduces anxiety and keeps your skin supple.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar Bath Detox
Benefits: Apple cider vinegar bath detox reverses the osmosis process, gently wards off any bacteria on the skin, increases immunity and maintains your heart health.
Benefits Of A Cleansing Bath
- Relaxes the nervous system
- Increases blood circulation
- Keeps you hydrated
- You’re less susceptible to illnesses
- Reduces stress
- Quietens the mind
- Maintains skin health
- Clears congestion
- Aids digestion
- Fastens the metabolism
- Induces sweating
- Heals sore joints and muscles
- Rids body pain
- Promotes weight loss
- Opens clogged pores
- Uplifts your mood
- Clears mental confusions
- Endows you with energy
Since Ayurveda has countless ways to help you detox and beat the blues, cleansing bath is one of those different ways. One simple bath and it heals you inside out. So, massage, soak and shower – that’s all about it!
Note: Articles on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness on natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.