Culinary world has grown today. It uses ingredients that aren’t only delicious but also have some medicinal qualities to share. Garlic is one such ingredient. It enhances the flavors and also has multiple health benefits. Using it in the oil form is one of the best ways. The compound allicin is an essential chemical that gives garlic oil its antibacterial, antifungal, analgesic, anti-inflammatory as well as expectorant properties. Ayurveda too recommends to incorporate garlic oil uses in daily life.
So, here we are with all things garlic oil – how to make garlic oil, how to use garlic oil for hair or skin and the garlic oil benefits for overall health …
How To Make Garlic Oil?
Here’s a simple technique on how to make garlic oil:
- Crush 3-4 garlic cloves.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add the crushed cloves.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes on medium heat.
- Let it cool thereafter and pour in an air-tight glass jar.
- Use as and when required.
Garlic Oil Uses
- Hair: Gently massage your hair and scalp with the oil. Leave it overnight. Wash the next morning. Repeat twice every week. Garlic oil for hair will help strengthen them.
- Dental Health: For toothache, put a few drops of the oil on a cotton ball and keep it on the affected tooth for 10 minutes. Repeat twice daily.
- Face Pack: Add a few drops of the oil in a clay pack. Mix well and apply on your face. Wash after it dries. This will nourish your facial skin.
1. Garlic Oil Benefits The Skin.
The oil is antifungal in nature and contains Vitamin E. Applying it on your face or other areas of your body will moisturize the skin and keep it soft, supple as well as damage-free.
2. Use Garlic Oil For Your Hair.
Garlic oil for hair is the best remedy in terms of hair care. It helps get rid of dandruff and strengthen the hair follicles leaving them shinier and longer.
3. Get Rid Of Toothache.
Toothaches are excruciating. But, this oil relaxes the gums, lowers the inflammation and reduces pain. It also kills the germs in your teeth and aids a faster recovery.
4. Protect Your Heart Health.
5. Prevent The Symptoms Of Cancer.
The oil or garlic, in general, contains a compound called diallyl disulfide which exhibits anticancerous properties. It helps destroy free radicals and prevent cancer cells from reproducing.
6. It’s A Natural Decongestant.
Garlic oil benefits your respiratory system well. If you’re suffering from congestion due to seasonal change, rub a few drops of the warm oil on your chest before sleeping. This will help immensely.
7. Treat Infections And Cold.
Garlic is an antibacterial that helps get rid of cold and flu and several other infections. Cooking with this oil keeps your digestion intact. Garlic oil uses also include the treatment of vaginal infection, allergies, and fever.
Note: Articles on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness on natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.