What is psoriasis? It’s a condition that degenerates your skin cells. Psoriasis results from aggravated Vata as well as Kapha. These lead to a toxic buildup in your blood, plasma, and muscles. Therefore, steroids aren’t a solution. Natural remedies, particularly psoriasis treatment in Ayurveda is healing. It prevents the onset of any deeper psoriasis symptoms and combats the psoriasis causes to detoxify the body.
What Is Psoriasis?
It’s an autoimmune skin ailment that essentially affects your entire system and is non-contagious. It mostly appears on the scalp, behind the ears, on the elbows and right below the knees. Psoriasis causes the development of red, thick, and patchy skin cells.
- Nail psoriasis
- Psoriasis in the ears
- Scalp psoriasis
- Inverse psoriasis
- Oral psoriasis
- Eruptive psoriasis
- Psoriasis on the fingers, knees, and elbows
- Poor diet
- Intestinal disorders
- Protein resistance
- Hormonal imbalanced
- Overactive immune system
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Liver failure
- Lose as well as itchy skin
- Psoriatic heart
- Toenail fungus
- Redness as well as patches
- Emotional trauma
- White crusty skin
- Flaky skin that’s susceptible to bruises
Psoriasis Treatment In Ayurveda
1. Treat Psoriasis Symptoms With Ayurvedic Home Remedies
- Need a psoriasis home treatment? Apply some fresh aloe vera gel to the affected area three times daily to help soothe the skin.
- Banana peel is another effective psoriasis home treatment. Gently rub the inner side to get rid of the rashes.
- Scalp psoriasis can be cured with diluted apple cider vinegar. Use it while bathing. Just pour half a cup in warm water to clear the flaky skin.
- One of the best psoriasis treatments in Ayurveda: drink a cup of bitter gourd juice every morning on an empty stomach for about 6 months. This gets rid of toxins.
- Extra virgin olive oil moisturizes your skin. It keeps away dry as well as dead skin to combat psoriasis symptoms.
- Soak a tsp of sesame seeds in water overnight and drink it next morning to detoxify your system. This is an effective psoriasis treatment in Ayurveda.
2. Incorporate These Lifestyle Changes.
- Avoid peeling your skin since it worsens the condition.
- Wear only breathable cotton clothes.
- Avoid cold water showers.
- Stay away from situations where you can contract any skin irritations.
- Pat dry the skin when wet.
- Ditch artificial skin as well as hair cleansers.
- Do not suppress your natural urges, since this can aggravate Vata.
- Avoid using fragrances to inflame the skin.
3. Psoriasis Diet
A healthy diet is the basis of a healthy immunity. Psoriasis home treatment includes the inclusion of healing and anti-inflammatory foods. So, these will help improve your skin condition:
- Eat high fiber foods like lentils, barley as well as oats since they keep your stomach happy.
- Probiotics like kefir boost your immunity.
- Antioxidant-rich foods like blueberry and kidney beans keep you free from ailments.
- Eat Vitamin A rich foods like carrots, leafy greens, kale, and watermelon.
- Zinc-enriched foods like pumpkin seeds and chickpeas are great.
- Herbs and spices like turmeric, licorice, St. John’s Wort, and burdock root are beneficial.
- Apart from these, avoid salty, processed, sour as well as acidic foods. They can lead to indigestion and further trigger the condition.
Note: Articles on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness on natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.