Neck rigidity or stiff neck pain is a common scenario these days since we are so used to leading a lifestyle that’s anti-health. People who constantly work on computers, are into lifting jobs, or who exercise intensely complain of the symptoms. However, simple Ayurvedic remedies can help ease the tensions. A stiff neck causes Vata imbalance, leading to neurological or orthopedic issues. But, a Vata-focused stiff neck remedy can loosen the fatigued muscles.
What Are The Stiff Neck Causes?
- Constant pressure
- Sleeping during the day
- Using a hard pillow
- Bad posture
- Herniated discs
- Having cold sweet and salty food
- Ligament stiffness
Stiff Neck Remedy
1. Practice Yoga For Stiff Neck.
It’s advised not to overuse the muscles when you’re dealing with manyastambha (stiff neck). But, simple yoga exercises for neck pain can improve the movement. Forward or backward tilt or bent, clockwise and anti-clockwise rotations along with left and rightward moves are more than enough.
2. Oil Massage To Get Rid Stiff Neck Pain
For quick stiff neck pain relief, go for a daily oil massage. This will help you sleep better and ease the muscular tension. Use sesame, peppermint or lavender oil and apply gentle pressure while massaging for better results.
3. Use An Ice Pack.
To get rid of the soreness, try a cold compress. Wrap some ice in a plastic cover. Put a cloth over your neck, particularly the area in pain. Place the ice over the cloth and apply gentle pressure to better target the inflammation.
4. Take A Hot Shower.
Need the best stiff neck remedy? Try a 5-minute hot shower every day. Simply let the stream of hot water flow on your neck and show up its magic. Do not twist, turn or move your neck at this time. Just feel the warmth.
5. Manage Your Stress.
The most important stiff neck remedy is to manage the physical, emotional as well as mental stress. Or else your body’s healing process slows down rapidly and you aren’t able to respond to therapeutic techniques like meditation, yoga, massage or pranayama.
6. Try These Ingredients To Alleviate Stiff Neck Pain.
- Ginger – Regularly drink ginger tea. Or, use ginger as a compress – warm some grated pieces, put in a cloth and apply to the affected area.
- Turmeric – Turmeric milk when taken twice daily helps get rid of the stiff neck pain. All thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties!
- ACV – To ease stiff muscles, soak a thin towel in apple cider vinegar and let it stay over the neck for a few hours.
- Cayenne Pepper – In a spoonful of cayenne pepper mix about 2 tbsp of olive oil and apply the paste as a sure-fire stiff neck remedy.
- Ashwagandha – For better cleaning and dosha balancing, ashwagandha is traditional yet functional and beneficial.
- Guggulu – It aids your digestion and enhances the rejuvenation process.
7. Correct Your Routine.
- Do not sleep during the day.
- Follow an 8-hour goodnight sleep.
- Do not overstress the neck muscles.
- Stay away from emotional turbulence.
- Correct your posture.
- Use digestion-enhancing herbs or spices.
Note: Articles on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness on natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.