Hernia a.k.a Antra Vriddhi in Ayurveda isn’t just another health issue. It immediately needs to be taken care of when you observe the hernia symptoms. The condition is painful and regardless of the area it affects, hernia treatment is indeed crucial. Hernia symptoms are quite easy to identify, therefore some effective home remedies can come into action right after you observe the signs. These along with a few important lifestyle tips promote a better healing process and initiate faster recovery.
What Is Hernia?
Any internal organ that protrudes amidst a weak spot in the surrounding muscles is termed as hernia. Such an opening is however present from the time of birth, but it shows up at a much later stage.
What Are The Types Of Hernia?
Here are the types of hernia that you must know to avoid any critical hernia symptoms:
- Inguinal hernia (inner groin)
- Incisional hernia (results from surgery)
- Femoral hernia (outer groin)
- Umbilical hernia (belly button)
- Hiatal hernia (upper stomach)
What Are The Hernia Causes?
There are some peculiar hernia causes apart from the condition being a hereditary ailment:
- Consistent coughing
- Applying pressure while passing stools
- Fluid accumulation in your gut
- Being overweight
- Lifting heavy weights
- Internal injuries
- Weaker muscles
- Old age
What Are The Hernia Symptoms?
Depending on the type of hernia, you may experience different hernia symptoms. A few common ones are:
- Abdominal heaviness and pain
- Development of softer lumps
- Hard abdominal protrusions
- Burning sensation
- Chest pain
1. Home Remedies For Hernia Are Beneficial.
Aloe Vera: This is an anti-inflammatory option for you to easily get rid of the pain associated with hernia.
Ginger Root: To reduce the abdominal pain, raw ginger juice can boost your stomach health.
Black Pepper Powder: It stimulates the healing process and soothes the organs that may have risked when hernia pushed through the opening.
Licorice Tea: It heals the gut lining along with your esophagus to regrow those damaged tissues.
Comfrey Poultice: With some roughly chopped comfrey leaves blend cornmeal mixed in water. Gather the paste in a dishtowel and place the poultice onto the affected area for about 4 hours every day.
2. Have A Balanced Diet To Cure Hernia.
Include these in your diet:
- Olive oil
- Brown rice
- Low-fat milk
- Fresh fruits as well as vegetables
On the other hand, avoid:
- Citrus fruits
- Carbonated as well as caffeinated drinks
- Spicy food such as chili
- Whole milk or any substitutes
3. Adopt These Lifestyle Tips For Hernia.
- Do not suppress the urge to pass gas.
- Instead of 3 big meals, have several smaller meals all through the day.
- Stay fit. Moreover, lose the extra kilos.
- Try to get rid of your alcohol or smoking addictions.
- Treat acidity as well as heartburn.
- Do not wear tight clothes all the time.
- Don’t sleep right after dinner.
- Drink as much water as you can, especially warm water.
- Practice yoga but do not get into any intermediate poses.
- Cut stress, or else it will harm your metabolism.
Note: Articles on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness on natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.