Breakfast is an important meal of your daily routine. It literally means to break the fast of your 7-8 hour long night sleep. But, if you’re not feeling hungry or have the habit of skipping this meal, it causes imbalances in your Pitta (particularly Sadhaka Pitta). Once Pitta vitiates, it affects your mood, balance as well as the feelings of contentment. Eventually, it results in unsettled emotions. So, it’s always better to try and have something in the morning. However, if you’re not hungry, what to eat for breakfast? Or should you skip it?
Why Is Breakfast Important?
When you’re asleep, your metabolism slows down. So, after waking up, it’s important to feed the fireplace with some coal to ignite and keep it going. This is the reason breakfast is said to be the most important meal of your day. It keeps you energized!
Now, why don’t you feel hungry for breakfast?
- You had a heavier meal last night.
- The food hasn’t been digested well.
- You had your dinner pretty late. Usually, 5-7 pm is the right time to eat your dinner. And go to sleep by 10 pm. When this cycle breaks, you feel sluggish, rejuvenation happens at lesser efficiency and you wake up feeling full.
- There’s leftover acid in the stomach that prevents hunger.
- You have reducing digestive juices that disrupt your appetite. The juices aren’t put to work, because of which you do not feel hungry.
- Your body has adapted to the routine of not eating breakfast, which ends up in you not feeling hungry after waking up.
How To Make Yourself Hungry?
1. Activate your metabolism by having a good night’s sleep.
2. Do not simply jump onto the breakfast table. Warm up, develop that appetite, and then sit to eat.
4. How to make yourself hungry? Eat appetite-inducing foods – amla, chia seeds, papaya and/or dry fruits.
5. Avoid having everything at once – break it into two or more smaller meals.
6. Walk, jog, run or skip for about 10-15 minutes to boost your metabolism and activate hunger hormones.
8. Hot climate makes you feel sluggish, which is why you must stay hydrated. Have a smoothie, some buttermilk or plain yogurt to stimulate the appetite.
9. Not hungry? Go light on your dinner. Eating heavy restricts your appetite for the next morning. Start casually, not all but on some days, have khichdi or a salad to get used to such a routine.
10. Have fruits at least 30 minutes before any heavy or hot breakfast to improve your vitality as well as overall strength and immunity.
Not Feeling Hungry? Here’s What To Eat For Breakfast.
1. Hydrate your body with fruits or freshly made vegetable juices.
2. Nourish yourself with cilantro, carrot, sweet grape, zucchini or apples.
3. To enhance the digestive abilities, particularly have cooked apples in the morning.
4. Not feeling hungry? First thing in the morning, have some dried figs soaked overnight to induce hunger.
5 What to eat for breakfast? Have flatbread with some raw honey and milk.
6. You can also eat dates dipped in a little ghee (clarified butter) with a bowl of oatmeal and some raisins.
7. Not hungry? Get rid of caffeine. Have these herbal teas to enhance your digestion.
Note: Articles on Ayurvedum are solely for the purpose of sharing the goodness of Ayurveda and bringing awareness on natural and healthy living. Please do not substitute it for professional medical advice. Ingredients discussed can interfere with certain medications. So, before using anything to treat yourself, always consult an Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.